Friday, May 7, 2010

Famous Shell House!

When I was in an island off of the shore of Cancun, I can't remember the name, we were driving around in a Golf Cart looking at big, cool houses along the road. They were building a lot of new houses also. It was a really great experience. Anyways, there was one house that caught all of our eyes. So, we parked on the side of the road, and got out to take some pictures. Our pictures aren't that great because we couldn't get that close up. But, the whole reason I titled this post 'Famous Shell House!' is because I searched it up on Google images, and there was a lot of results that popped up. It was very surprising. So, I'm going to post some pictures. It's a very interesting house, I just wanted to share it with you! =) 


 OH! I remember the name of the island.. I'd rather live on this island than Cancun.. it's close to Cancun though. It's called Isla Mujeres. Well, I think that's how you spell Mujeres. Well, onto the pictures.


 This is more of a closeup, isn't it cool. Can you tell what kind of shell it is! I'm going to put a wider picture below.


 Here's the shell house that we saw, the above one is the wrong one, I just realized that this house is a rental vacation house.. so different people rent it when they go on vacations to Cancun. This would be cool. I think it would be cool to build a unique house like this. I like the mini shell to the left it's a nice touch. Now I'll tell you the features of this house. It has 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1 half bath. It's pretty small. But you'll be out site seeing, right? It's just a rental house. It can sleep 4 people though. Two people per bedroom. Some amenities that it includes are a pool, a balcony, air-conditioning, and it is near the ocean. The bedrooms are also King Sized. I was trying not to over flow this post with pictures.. but I just found pictures of inside the shell house, and I'm really excited because I haven't seen it before! It looks kind of squishy but it's a very cute house. Enjoy!! =) 


 This is the eating area/sitting area. I'ts squishy, but you would not have a huge family staying here! And remember you'll be site-seeing! 


 This is the sitting room from above, do you like it? I do, I like the windows, the colors are nice too. It looks cozy even though it's made of concrete, I think... 


  This is the bathroom, isn't it cool! It's like they carried the whole shell theme into the inside of the house! Cool, isn't it.. you can see some shell detail for faucets. Interesting! 


 Here is a close up of some more bathroom shell detail! I found this very unique and interesting! It's just creative in all different ways. 


 This is the bed, doesn't it look cool. You're probably thinking that the bed doesn't look comfy, but I'm thinking it's a mattress. They're not going to make you sleep on concrete!!! I like the headboard, and the mats on the floor. Again, the shell theme is making it's way into the interior of the house! 


 This is the pool, I'm pretty sure it's in the back of the house, the ocean is barely visible in this picture over the back of the pool. But, you would have an amazing view! There's also a view from the front of the house to the ocean. Surrounded by loveliness! 


 This is the Isla Mujeres island. I just thought I'd show it to you to give you an idea, you can see in this overhead image that it's a little lagoony around the island, but there's a fairy that goes back and forth from Isla Mujeres and Cancun constantly all day! I think it's every 15 or 30 minutes. So, it's not that long to amazing shopping, theater entertainment and great swimming. 


 I hope you enjoyed this post. It was a little over loaded with pictures. These pictures were all taken from Google Images. Adios! =) 

1 comment:

  1. That's a very cool house! knowing all those places is a thing that won't happen by staying at hotels, that's why is always better to rent a house in CancĂșn instead of going to hotels. Visit MĂ©xico and fall in love with the culture!

    ReplyDelete