Friday, February 4, 2011

Brain Fart.

Yes. Hello. It's been a while. Anyways, I've been thinking about things to write about on my blog all week and I came up with all these ideas.. and then I came home today, Friday, and I sat down on the computer just now, fifteen minutes prior to my bedtime and I've got NOTHING! Absolutely.. nothing. So, I decided that I would quickly jump between a few topics. Starting with an odd project that we did in Mechanics class yesterday..

 On Wednesday in Mechanics my teacher spent two hours talking to us about inventions, and all of the specific steps that lead up to inventions. Starting with a problem/issue, certain circumstances, and leading up to the actual invention. It seemed like a long process, the way he put it at least. I really liked the way he taught it though because he related the teaching to a story about his brother-in-law who had a problem, and decided to fix it with an amazing invention. It was really quite interesting. Anyways! I'm getting off track.. What was I talking about again? Oh yah! So, he told us, 

 "Tomorrow morning you are going to be given one sheet of paper, and 10 cm of scotch tape. With those supplies you will need to construct the highest possible tower that you can." I didn't see how this was going to be possible and I thought he was crazy. At first, I was planning on rolling the paper up into a cylinder type shape and taping the edge where the paper meets and calling it a tower but when I got home I googled the project and it turned out that it wasn't a very uncommon project to be doing in Mechanics class. Oh yes, my teacher also never failed to tell us that only one person in our entire class of 23 students was going to be getting a perfect mark.. being 10/10. I knew it wasn't going to be me. And keep in mind this isn't some motivational story.. I never did get ten out of ten. I ended up with six out of ten. I guess that's the end of my story.. the winner ended up getting 111 cm or something like that, and the next person got 100 or something like that. The teacher also joined in during the last ten minutes (we only got thirty minutes) and he ended up being able to construct a 145 cm tower out of one piece of paper and 10 cm of tape. It was amazing, and really cool because one of the other guidelines was that it wasn't allowed a base such as the floor, a table etc. It had to be standing all on it's own. Anyways, I just thought I'd share that with you. I hope I made sense. I'm pretty tired.

 The next thing I was planning on talking about was my Blog's anniversary which I was notified about yesterday.. by Edmond. Of course, I am not smart enough to realize that. I don't even know how he did. But anyways, Feb. 12th is the One Year Anniversary of my blog. I don't really have anything special planned.. nothing at all actually. I'll have to start thinking about that over this weekend. Alright, onto the next topic which was.. oh yeah! Justin Bieber ;) LOL! 


 As you don't know, my sister Cortni got me two tickets for his advanced screening as Christmas gift. I'm going with her, it's going to be a lot of fun. The advanced screening is basically when you get some Justin Bieber merch, including a NSN (Never Say Never - his movie) themed lanyard, glowstick, and gift bag, a wristband with 'neversaynever justinbieber' printed on it, and purple 3D glasses since the movie is a 3D film and his signature/favorite color is.. of course, purple, and you get to see the movie two days before it is actually released into theaters (February 11th.) Me and Cortni are leaving on the 8th, and get back on the 10th. I'm very excited. Although you may not be able to tell how extremely excited I am because the voice inside my brain is talking in a bored monotone voice which makes my typing come out bored and monotone. Weird, eh?

 Well.. that was my last topic. That makes three, right? Yeah. I think so. I promise next time I'll have an actual topic. Although I don't know what that topic is going to be.. I promise I will have one. It'll probably be something to do with something that nobody cares about. Alright, I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed (which really means I'm going to go downstairs, read for an hour, browse twitter for an hour, get into my pajamas, browse twitter again, and finally fall asleep somewhere around eleven) because I have a strict bedtime which I always follow. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment